Top tips for a smooth returns process during COVID-19 disruptions
We live in interesting times, and we appreciate with that comes disruption to most areas of your business. At ZigZag we will be working hard to maintain business as usual and keep you informed of when that might not be possible.
ZigZag is receiving updates from many of our carriers on their contingency plans, and whilst many are expecting some delays and disruption, most will continue to operate in the forthcoming weeks and months. We will be keeping our clients up to speed via Twitter, LinkedIn and email updates. Please let us know if you would like us to contact you directly with any specific carrier news.
Amidst the Coronavirus disruption, here are some recommendations for managing your returns:
- Move to paid or subsidised returns – costs may rise in some cases for carrier services, paid returns could help recoup some of the costs and preserve cash in these challenging times.
- Extend your returns policy period – affording your customers the chance to return later, when supply chain disruption may have reduced, will improve customer satisfaction with minimal effect on the rate of returns.
- Adding collections from home – With many customers self-isolating and parts of Europe on lockdown, the safest and most practical return option of collecting directly from a customer’s home should be offered.
- Offer instant refunds – the biggest drain on customer services are questions on when a customer can expect to be refunded. We can help you identify returns in transit so you can pre-empt the refund process.
- Handling in-store returns online – High-street closures will cause issues for customers returning goods bought in-store, drop us an email to discuss ways we can help with processing the return of in-store purchases.
- Uphold your reputation – provide clear and up-to-date information on how you are handling your returns. Whilst you may not gain customers through doing this, you certainly could lose customers with an unclear and frustrating returns experience that adds additional hassle to their lives.
- Consider holding goods in-country – reduces your costs and the overall impact on carrier services. We can then help you fulfill directly to new customers in-country.
If there is anything else we can do to support you during this testing time, then please do get in touch.
And of course, most importantly, we hope you and your family stay safe and healthy!